Wool Carpet Padding
This is wool carpet padding that contains just one component, sheep’s wool, making it simple to understand the environmental and health attributes. The premium wool carpet padding is available in both 24 oz. & 36 oz. & comes in 6′ x 45′ = 30 square yards roll sizes.
- All-natural and sustainable – LEED compliant
- Absorbs odors, VOC’s and formaldehyde
- Bio-degradable, rapidly renewable resource
- Non-flammable – Class I Fire Rating
- Reduces energy costs and prevents mold growth
- Superior sound and thermal insulation properties
- 100% Wool Fiber
- Needle punch non-woven construction
- Density T-24 (24 ozs) T-36 (36 ozs)
- Thickness T-24 = .25” – .30” T-36 = .375” – .50”
- Roll Weight T-24 / 52 lbs (23.6 kgs) T-36 / 75 lbs (34.09 kgs)
You have to feel this wool carpet padding to believe it. It’s almost as soft as the carpet itself, and together it feels great under your feet. If you have purchased or planning to purchase wool carpet why would you want to put anything synthetic underneath it? Try this and you’ll see why this is the best way to protect your carpet and provide the comfort you’re looking for. Wool carpet padding can add to the useful life of a carpet. It can also improve the acoustical and thermal properties and reduce the overall maintenance costs.
Natural Carpet Padding Features
- All-natural. Made with 100% wool and absolutely nothing synthetic. (Individuals who have a sensitivity to animal fibers should obtain a sample before ordering.)
- Non-toxic. This natural carpet padding emits zero VOCs. It contains no formaldehyde, insect repellents, mildewcides, fungicides, toxic dyes, or flame retardants (including PBDEs). Enertia is safe for everyone, including those with chemical sensitivities.
- Eco-friendly. The padding is made of completely renewable resources and is 100% biodegradable. It will provide many years of service, and when you choose to replace the pad, you can simply recycle it to the garden where it will safely biodegrade while serving as an effective weed barrier and mulch. Over a period of two or three seasons, the padding will completely disappear, adding nitrogen and other important nutrients to the soil.
- Fire-resistant. Wool resists fire naturally without chemicals. It’s used on military jets, submarines, etc.
- Thermal and acoustical insulator. Natural rug padding naturally insulates and absorbs sound.
- LEED qualified. MR Credit 4.1, 4.2: Recycled content, 5.1, 5.2: Regional Materials, 6: Rapidly renewable materials, EQ 4.3: Low-emitting materials.
Wool carpet padding is unique and natural. Given such properties, it is important to understand that individuals with allergies or certain sensitivities may experience unforeseen reactions. As such, Whit-tex recommends that prospective customers request sample swatches to determine if wool carpet padding is a suitable option. Their most important stakeholders are their customers and they seek to fully appreciate and meet their customers’ needs in the safest manner possible.